Thursday 14 November 2013

Raspberries and Cream Overnight Oats

It's so nice waking up to this!



When I can get my act together in the evening, I try to prepare something for breakfast the next morning. 

It's a lot easier than trying to cook stuff with a three (going on thirty) year old and a little man who has just starting walking - or more accurately, stumble trip stumble trip. 

Overnight oats, generally consisting of rolled oats mixed with chia seeds, milk, sweetener and some kind of fruit, is a nice change from porridge and nice and cool for summer. 

There are endless flavour possibilities. Well, not endless. One time, I tried to make orange coconut overnight oats using oranges and coconut milk - um, no. Not good. That'll teach me for being creative!  

We loved blueberry overnight oats for a while, but I made them a little too often and we got blueberry fatigue. 

These raspberry overnight oats are our favourite at the moment. The coconut yogurt makes them really creamy. I used Alpine Coconut Yogurtwhich I found recently in Woolworths.


served with coconut yogurt

Raspberries and Cream Overnight Oats (serves about 4)

1.5 cups rolled oats
2 generous tbsp coconut yogurt 
3 tbsp chia seeds 
3-4 tbsp maple syrup/agave syrup or to taste
3 cups non-dairy milk (I usually use combo of rice, soy and oat milk)
1 cup raspberries (I use frozen)

Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate overnight. 

4 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about this Woolworths coconut yoghurt and can't wait to track it down! This looks like an excellent way of using it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep you should try it! I was abnormally excited to see it amongst all the dairy yogurts :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh, coconut yogurt at woolie's? I will have to see if Townsville stores carry it. And these oats sound like a perfect summer brekky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how exciting huh?! Hope you can find it in Townsville!

      Delete