Monday 21 July 2014

Bananas 'n' Cookies Cupcakes

This idea came to me when I was swimming laps. Sometimes I think the only reason I go swimming is to have uninterrupted time to think about food!

I made these mini cupcakes for a birthday party yesterday. I loved this flavour. It is a nice change from the standard chocolate or vanilla. The pieces of chocolate biscuit make these really fun and interesting.

I made these mini cupcakes using the banana split cupcake recipe (without the pineapple preserves) from the brilliant Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World with half a cup of roughly chopped chocolate biscuits (cookies) folded into the batter (about 5 Arnott's Choc Ripple Biscuits - they're vegan!), then piped on some vanilla buttercream icing, threw some chocolate ganache over the top and sprinkled on some crushed biscuit crumbs.


Then, of course, Sylvia added coloured sprinkles. 


These were so much fun to make and decorate!

6 comments:

  1. Wow I am in awe of your pretty presentation - they look fantastic - and I love the sound of the flavours too - a little different from either regular banana or chocolate cupcakes. Keep on with the swimming if it brings on such inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna :) cupcakes are about the only thing I can decorate well! I have fun doing it. I love those disposable piping kits, although they are not very environmentally friendly. Haha- yes but I have also thought of some pretty bad food combos whilst swimming :)

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant idea - and they look really beautiful too. I know what you mean about food thoughts when exercising; sometimes they pop into my runs too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari :) yes, it must be something to do with the endorphins?! And not having other distractions...

      Delete
  3. Bananas and cookies! Two of my favourite things! I love this version - will definitely have a crack at it. I am such a banana fan, yet I've never made the banana split cupcakes from vegan cupcakes (shame on me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you like it! You could even try different kinds of biscuits, that'd be a fun experiment :)

      Delete