Saturday 13 September 2014

My Top 5 Healthy Desserts/Snacks

My top 5 this week, anyway!

When you like sweet food as much as I do, it's a good idea to have a few healthy desserts/snacks in rotation. To be honest, I never miss the refined flours and sugars when I'm eating stuff like this.

1. Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Bites


This dough was lucky to make it to ball form. A lot was eaten straight from the blender. 

2. Snack Pack Cheesecake


I love this idea of having ready made little raw sweet snack packs to take places. Even though I did eat them all at home. Standing at the fridge. 

3. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites


These have chickpeas in them. So it's acceptable that I ate them for dinner, right? As stated in the recipe, these are best eaten warm so if you don't eat them all in one sitting after they're baked (ahem), warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds.

4. Strawberry Cheesecake Bars


I had some strawberries to use up so I used them instead of blackberries in the original recipe. As you can see in the photo, pieces were either frantically hacked off or eaten with spoon straight from the tin.

5. Peanut Better Balls


These only have a few ingredients, but are very addictive - a bit salty and a bit crispy. They would make great Christmas gifts! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness - all of these look amazing! The strawberry cheesecake bars look particularly appealing as your filling seems like just the texture I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari! Yes, the cheesecake bars were so good, and they use simple ingredients and are quick to make- love those kinds of sweets!

      Delete
  2. These look like great treats - though I wish so many of them didn't use coconut oil - wonder if mine just sits around too long as it tastes ok when I open the jar but then the taste goes downhill. But I really want those peanut butter balls and the cheesecakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna! I've never noticed that with my coconut oil, but it's usually used up pretty quickly...

      Delete