Sunday 19 April 2015

Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins

I have to share this recipe because it is so simple, delicious and extremely popular with kids! And healthyish...

These were thrown together to take to a picnic when I didn't have much in my cupboards (a recurring event in my life), and I've made them many times since. I find that my kids always enjoy simple and plain baked goods over fancy or complicated ones.

I really like these too. They have that trademark dense yet cakey muffin texture and a purity that is rare in my baking because I usually try to boost the nutrition in my baking my adding seeds, nuts and whole grains. I still ultimately prefer whole grain and refined sugar-free muffins, but these are very, very good and perfect for kids!



Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins (makes 7 large muffins)

1.5 cups plain flour (I have also included wholemeal spelt flour with success - you can also use self-raising flour and omit the baking powder)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup vegan choc chips
pinch of salt
3/4 cup soy milk
2 tbsp oil
dash of vanilla

Combine the dry ingredients. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until just mixed. Put the mixture into greased or lined muffin tin (makes about 7 large muffins). Bake at 180C for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned. 


3 comments:

  1. I've been tending towards more simple recipes lately - too many kids around who don't fancy adventure of the culinary kind. So this sounds marvellous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always grateful to have 'basic' recipes up my sleeve - like you say, the ones unaffected by seeds and other unusual ingredients! These look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super easy to make! I doubled the chocolate chips and added a little more (almond) milk. They only took 15 minutes in my oven.

    ReplyDelete