Monday 7 May 2012

Cinnamon Buns


We had friends arriving in two hours and the house was a complete mess, so of course I decided to make not only something I'd never made before, but something involving yeast - cinnamon buns!

I made them from this recipe, which is actually about 4 pages long when printed out! I do like to have precise instructions, but I also rarely have time to read them very thoroughly and really take advantage of every detail. 

I think that these buns would have been perfect if only I'd left them in the oven for a bit longer. I baked them for slightly longer than the instructions prescribed, but they were a bit doughy and slightly undercooked although they were lightly browned on the top. They were still pretty yummy and I had no complaints from anyone eating them! I would definitely make them again, just bake them for longer and maybe add some sultanas and ground nuts to the mix.

I didn't have any Tofutti cream cheese in the house so I made this icing out of icing sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and soy milk, which turned out really well.

This recipe calls for quite a lot of Earth Balance margarine, which is not available in Australia so I substituted it with Nuttelex. I wonder if this made a difference? Has anyone else had experience with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment