Thursday 23 February 2012

Review: Vegan's Choice Grocery

Vegan's Choice Grocery
113 King Street Newtown NSW 2042
(02) 9519 5330


In the previous post, Kate wrote about cheesecake - I had one to die for the other day. There is an amazing little shop called Green Gourmet in Newtown (Sydney) where they have delicious vegan takeaway. They had a pie oven - filled with vegan pies (my favourite was the cheesy chicken), walls filled with vegan delights, freezers stocked with products and a fridge filled with ..... cakes! Which brings me to the berry cheesecake. I loved it. The crust was firm and sweet, the topping was creamy and tasty. I miss it so, I live about 50km away from that shop but I am finding that I am making excuses to go there.

Worth a visit if you find yourself in the area. The owners also own the restaurant nextdoor, Green Gourmet, a vegan, Asian smorgasboard. Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. They sell these cheesecakes at a few places around Sydney. The maker is Ruby Fruit and they are made out west. The pies are Funky Pies located in Bondi Beach but also do online delivery :) just search for either of these and you'll find them. I hope that helps, I also love the Chick n Cheezy :P~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that! I've tasted the delicious Ruby Fruit cakes etc and I've been known to drop into Funky Pies at Bondi too! Susi will be happy to hear of the online delivery :-)

      Delete